Looking for a delicious savoury snack? Can’t eat nuts (or don’t want to)? Want to steer clear of potato chips, sugar-laced treats and commercial packets with additives and preservatives?
Baked Chickpeas may be the answer you are looking for!
I was craving a salty flavour packed treat and tossed this recipe together and it turned out DELICIOUS!
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2-3 teaspoons curry powder ( I use a mix of 1 teaspoons keens curry and 2 teaspoons of my favourite curry mix by the people at “your inspiration at home” . Use your favourites. You can get great mixes from your local markets or indian grocer – or you can make your own!)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees (150 fan forced)
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse under water, then drain for another 5 mins, then pat dry with paper-towel
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Spread onto a non-stick baking tray
- Bake for 40 mins (or until crispy/crunchy) stirring around every 10 minutes or so
- Wait until they cool completely, they can be stored in an airtight container for a few days (not that they will last that long!)
Hope you enjoy! Mine went down great while I wrote about them!