Wondering what delicious breakfast you can whip up on this GLORIOUS spring saturday? Spelt pancakes! Combine with lovely summer inspired flavours like mango, coconut and banana with a drizzle of maple syrup – how better could a weekend begin?
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Makes 6 pancakes
Contains allergens as indicated in bold: spelt, eggs
Recipe is based on the basic pancake batter recipe of 1-1-1 (flour-liquid-egg)
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp xylitol (or sugar substitute)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Optional: everything! berries, choc chips, chai spice, vanilla…..
- Put all ingredients in a big smoother shaker with one of the metal spring balls in it and shake for a couple of minutes until all mixed well. You could use a shaker without a ball, or use a traditional whisk-bowl combo.
- Turn the stove top on medium heat and use a small non-stick pan, grease slightly between pancakes with a tiny bit of coconut oil (or whatever you want to grease with) if you like and cook one at a time.
- Cook on one side until the surface is almost covered in bubbles and then flip. The other side will need less time.
- Keep the pancakes until a low-heat grill or in the oven until they are all ready
Serve with something delicious like sliced banana, dairy-free mango and coconut yoghurt and maple syrup!
Have a great weekend everyone!